Re: Image package

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Image package
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 09:34:52 +0100

tir, 09 12 2008 kl. 09:16 +0100, skrev Thomas Treichl:
> Bob told me, that -after another trial- he was able to install my modified
> image-1.0.8.tar.gz package with Octave.app 3.0.3, too. Is there any reason
> why
> we should *not* change the Makefile of the image package like I suggested
> before? Can I commit that changes?

Well, actually, the 'imread' and 'imwrite' functions are no longer
available in octave-forge SVN as they have now been moved to core
Octave. The problem is that the current release process in Octave-Forge
is fairly broken, meaning that it's quite a bit of work to actually make
a new release, so currently no Octave-Forge release is planned before
Octave 3.2 is released. I plan on improving the release process, but I'm
waiting for some patches to core Octave to be reviewed.

That being said, if there is a strong wish to have a new release of
Octave-Forge, please bring it up on the Octave-Forge mailing list.

Cheers,
Søren