Re: Launch error

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Launch error
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 09:19:25 +0000

I'm not sure what caused this and as I'm not using Vista,
it's difficult to test it. However, you can try to uninstall
octave, the install the package at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&DisplayLang=en
and finally install octave again. During installation of octave,
at package selection, check that the VC runtime libs package
is unselected. If it is selected, proceed with the installation
anyway, then delete the Microsoft.VC80.CRT subdir of bin/
octave install directory.

Michael.