Re: octavede.exe in Octave 3.0.3 and 3.1.50

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: octavede.exe in Octave 3.0.3 and 3.1.50
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:11:39 +0000

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:45 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madamme
>
> I am a new Octave user and I am using the Octave 3.0.1. One of the nice
> features that I found is the GUI that this specific version employs,
> thus octavede.exe. From my point of view this feature is essential for
> a new user as I am. By the way I am using the Octave for windows.
> When I installed the newest version thus, 3.0.3 and 3.1.50 then I am
> not able to find this GUI. What am I doing wrong? Is that feature not
> available any more? Please help me I think is a great feature and very
> helpfull.

You're not doing anything wrong. It's just that OctaveDE is not included
in those releases. OctaveDE is still in very early development stage and
we (I?) decided no to include it before some important milestones have
been reached in its development. You can expect to see it appearing
again in future releases.

Note that 3.1.50 version is a development version and is missing a lot
of other stuffs (like the octave-forge packages).

Michael.