Re: Image package

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Image package
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 21:45:34 +0100

ons, 03 12 2008 kl. 12:57 -0500, skrev Robert Fong-tom:
> On Dec 3, 2008, at 2:57 AM, Søren Hauberg wrote:
>
> > tir, 02 12 2008 kl. 21:03 -0500, skrev Robert Fong-tom:
> >> Yes I see the headers. In MacPorts they appear to be in /opt/local/
> >> include/ImageMagick. There are also a ton of other files in the
> >> "include" directory which may be the includes for the dependencies.
> >
> > So, what does the following commands print if you run the from the
> > terminal
> >
> >   Magick++-config --cppflags
> I get the following:   -I/opt/local/include/ImageMagick
> >   Magick++-config --ldflags
> I get the following:   -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/
> lib -L/opt/local/lib -lfreetype -lz -Wl,-framework,CoreServices -Wl,-
> framework,ApplicationServices -L/opt/local/lib
> >
> > ? Also try to run the from Octave using the 'system' command, i.e.
> >
> >   system ("Magick++-config --cppflags")
> I get the following:   -I/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/
> include/ImageMagick
> ans = 0
> >   system ("Magick++-config --ldflags")
> I get:   -L/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/lib -L/usr/
> X11R6/lib
> ans = 0

Okay, I'm confused. When you run 'Magick++-config --cppflags' from the
terminal you get the right path to the header files, but when you run
the command from within Octave, you get the wrong path to the header
files. Is that right? If so, then I guess this means you have to set
some environment variable before starting Octave. I don't even know how
to start Octave on a Mac, so I doubt I'll be able to help you. Perhaps
we have some Mac-experts on the list, that are able to say something
smart?

Søren