Re: Looking for Vibration analysis tools

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Looking for Vibration analysis tools
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:37:45 +1100

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:58:58 +1100, Francesco Potortì <address@hidden> wrote:

I have a matlab function written specifically for ISO2631 analysis, but it
fails when used in Octave, producing NaNs.

Hm.  Maybe you could post it here, together with some input data and
expected output?

See earlier posting for the function source, example imput data and expected results. It is beginning to look like the Octave 'bilinear' function is sufficiently different to the matlab 'bilinear' to possibly be the source of my problems.

I have just found my original translation of the matlab bilinear function for use in Rlab2, and it looks quite different to the Octave bilinear function. I did a lot of work on this stuff about 8 years ago and had not needed it since, so it is all having to be re-learned, not the least being how to now translate it all to Octave. By way of explanation as to why I need this in Octave, I probably don't, but it would be much more convenient. The Rlab2 version runs on a RISCOS system and it would be simpler to be able to do the VDV analysis on Linux (where all the number crunching is being done), and there are a lot of problems trying to build Rlab2 on Linux x86_64.

At the very least I really need some means of verification that the Rlab2 version is producing correct results, and it would be nice to be able to do it in Octave.

For information I have attached a copy of my Rlab2 'bilinear' function.

I'm still looking for help with the verification.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell