Re: Image package

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Image package
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:27:37 -0500

On Monday, November 24, 2008, at 01:10PM, "Thomas Treichl" <address@hidden>
wrote:
>Ben Abbott schrieb:
>> Thanks Thomas.
>>
>> image-1.0.7 works for me running 3.0.3. I have some errors with 3.1.51+
>>
>>     octave:20> img = imread('test.jpg')
>>     error: `__magick_read__' undefined near line 76 column 33
>>
>> Unless someone else sees this, I'm not concerned. When I have the time
>> I'll compare the configure options for the two versions and see if there
>> are any differences.
>
>I think the only thing why this can happen is that your
>'GraphicsMagick++-config' program is not found while './configure'. That
>program
>should be somewhere in any of your 'bin' paths, using Fink, I would say it
>should be in /sw/bin or similar. You can simply check the output of your
>configuration summary the next time your call of './configure' has finished.
>Mine looks like
>
>   <SNIP>
>   Magick config: GraphicsMagick++-config
>   <SNIP>
>
>Regards,
>
>   Thomas

ah-ha

That's because Fink doesn't yet have a graphicsmagick package (it does have an
imagemagick though).

I have some faint recollection of looking at putting together a Fink pkg for
graphicsmagick, but found some problems beyond my reach. Perhaps I'll take
another look when I have the time.

Ben

Ben