environment setup under DSL

From: edmaclin
Subject: environment setup under DSL
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:50:18 -0600

I have installed octave under DSL (damn small linux). It runs, but can't find many functions. I've tried setting both EXEC_PATH and OCTAVE_PATH, but can't do so recursively (perhaps I don't know the proper syntax?). I also can't find "rand" anywhere.

I'd really appreciate being pointed to a proper description of available env variables; they seem to be scattered all over the 'doc' pages.

Thanks in advance,
Ed