Re: Octave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:42:11 -0500

On Nov 23, 2008, at 10:24 AM, Robert Fong-tom wrote:

On Nov 22, 2008, at 11:57 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 09:47:55PM -0500, Robert Fong-tom said:
[...]
is placed in the .profile and .bashrc file but this isn't seem to be
working for me since I get the terminal type set to 'unknown'
report when
I type /opt/local/bin/gnuplot. Oh! I just notices that when I called
gnuplot as in the previous statement I get

Unknown or ambigious terminal name 'aqua'

before the GNUPLOT preamble printout. Don't know what this
means ... do
you?

If it isn't saying "Terminal type set to 'aqua'" then it sounds
like gnuplot
didn't see aquaterm properly.  Since you went through some
machinations to
get to this point, you may have installed gnuplot before aquaterm was
properly installed via MacPorts.  In that case, just uninstall and
reinstall
gnuplot, see if that does it.

Bryan

Gnuplot was installed as a dependent of Octave. If I uninstall it
wont this "break" this dependency so that Octave won't be able to
plot anymore?

Uninstall gnuplot using the "-f" option (forces an uninstall but does not remove the ports that depend upon gnuplot).

        sudo port -f uninstall gnuplot

I've not used MacPorts myself. I'm trusting its documentation.

        http://guide.macports.org/#using.port

Then reinstall gnuplot.

        sudo port install gnuplot

Ben