Re: Octave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:09:55 -0500

On Nov 22, 2008, at 9:46 AM, Robert Fong-tom wrote:

Hi,
I recently ported Octave successfully but there are some things which
I don't understand. My understanding is that Aquaterm is a dependency
of octave and that it would be installed as a part of theh Octave
port. In fact, when I tried to port Octave the first time it failed
because I had Aquaterm installed previously. After deleting Aquaterm
(and all files relating to it) manually, the porting of Octave was
successful. However, I don't seem to be able to call Aquaterm. A
number of files relating to Aquaterm was ported along with Octave
however. Right now I am plotting via X11 but would like to switch to
plotting via Aquaterm since it produces better looking plots.
Bob

in your .profile, .bashrc, .xinitrc or what ever shell startup script you are using, be sure that GNUTERM is set to "aqua"

        set GNUTERM=aqua

Ben