Running mex files generated with mkoctfile

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Running mex files generated with mkoctfile
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:15:48 -0500

On 21-Nov-2008, scuac wrote:

| I searched to see if anyone had this problem, but most people run into
| mex file problems at compilation time. I can compile with no errors, and
| even one of my mex files works fine. The other two fail to execute in
| octave with this error:
|
| error:
| /home/jstahl/Projects/gpb/globalPb/lib/mex_pb_parts_final_selected.mex:
| undefined symbol:

_ZNK10concurrent7threads15synchronization15synchronizables14unsynchronized13abstract_lockEv
| error: failed to install .mex file function `mex_pb_parts_final_selected'
|
| mex_pb_parts_final_selected.mex is my mex file, the other one that fails
| produces
| an almost identical error message. I don't know where that symbol is coming
| from.
|
| Any ideas what could be causing this?

$ echo
_ZNK10concurrent7threads15synchronization15synchronizables14unsynchronized13abstract_lockEv
 | c++filt
concurrent::threads::synchronization::synchronizables::unsynchronized::abstract_lock()
 const

This is not a symbol from Octave.  Either your mex file or something
it links with is referencing this symbol and there is no definition to
be found.

jwe