Re: Piping data into Octave

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Piping data into Octave
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:36:35 -0500 (EST)

   The proplem: If the data becomes too large, the above procedure
   becomes slow. I guess this could be sped up by omitting the data

You imply that the slowness is caused by the reading and writing to the
actual disk, but I think it is the formatting the binary data on
output and parsing back the ASCII on input.  If you could write the
binary data directly and then use octave binary I/O I bet it would be
much faster.