Re: gnuplot error

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: Re: gnuplot error
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:10:20 -0500

I tried something different that worked. I put the line GNUTERM=x11
in a file called .profile. Why did I do this? In googling around I
saw references to a .profile file, but I don't understand the
differnce between .bash, .bashrc, and some other similar files
Another question is can one set up the environment to use both?

My .bash_profile contains (only) the line
[ -f ~/.bashrc ] && . ~/.bashrc

which reads .bashrc if that file exists.

Rob

--
Rob Mahurin
Department of Physics and Astronomy