Re: gnuplot error

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: gnuplot error
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:48:07 +0000

On 18/nov/08, at 02:00, Robert Fong-tom wrote:

Hi Carlo,
I did not have a .bashrc file in my home directory. So I created one and added the line, but I am still plotting in AquaTerm. I did not know before this that there was a difference between plotting in X11 and AquaTerm, but I gather from googling that plotting under X11 gives the capability to zoom and to rotate 3-D plots with the mouse. This I like and would really like have this capability. Any other ideas on how to accomplish this?

Bob
Hardware : Intel Mac Book Pro, OSX 10.4

this might be another difference between 10.5 and 10.4,
try to rename .bashrc to .bash_login (check whether the file exists first!)
if this fails you can try to start Octave from the command line as

GNUTERM=x11 /Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave

c.