Re: bring back gset

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: bring back gset
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 21:08:39 +0100

man, 17 11 2008 kl. 14:13 -0500, skrev Ethan Tira-Thompson:
> You could go a step further with this and use the setting as a matlab
> version number, so users could even track if they use a feature
> unavailable in the specific version of matlab of concern.

Yes, you are correct, except for the one little detail that somebody has
to develop and maintain the code in question. This is a huge amount of
work, and we just don't have the resources for stuff like that.

If you are very serious about such a project I would suggest developing
a gnuplot interface that uses a non-matlab compatible interface. But
Matlab compatibility is quite important.