Re: ODE solvers and constraints

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: ODE solvers and constraints
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:09:00 +0000

On 17/nov/08, at 18:00, Janmaat, John wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to reverse shoot a solution to an ODE system.  The paths
eventually leave a space I am interested in, but I don't know when. As
such, using lsode runs into problems if one or more of the variables
explode before the time periods provided are exhausted.

I have read about other ODE solvers which permit constraints to be
tested along the way. This would work in my situation, as I would test to see if the variables are outside of a range of interest, and if yes,
stop the evaluation.  Does such an ODE solver exist for Octave?

Thanks,

John.

I think dasrt does what you are looking for
c.