print ignores object properties in 3d

From: David Donovan
Subject: print ignores object properties in 3d
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:19:20 -0800

Hi All,

I have what I believe to be a small problem that I hope someone can
help me with.

I'm trying to plot a 3d surface using Octave octave-3.0.2 for Mac OS X
(Octave.app), and my z-axis labels are getting cut off when I try to
print to a file.

I am able to make them look okay in the gnuplot display window by using

set(gca(), "defaultaxesouterposition", [0.1,0.1,0.9,0.9])

However, print -deps "foo.eps" , simply ignores this option and plots
it in the default manner.

Do hardcopy devices have some other hidden axis properties somewhere?
Am I missing something here?

Forgive me if this comes up regularly, but my due diligence of
searching the mailing list didn't turn anything up.

Cheers,
David Donovan