Re: vector field analysis

From: nosek
Subject: Re: vector field analysis
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:57:56 -0800 (PST)

Thank you guys for you help.

Ben, thanks for pointing me OctPlot. The quiver() function does exactly what
I was thinking of, and after some normalization of vector lengths I got what
I wanted. I was missing a scaling feature a bit, but I can export the plot
into SVG graphics of arbitrary resolution and then use any browser's zooming
capabilities. Thanks.

Jorgi, I'm still thinking about how to use RBF method. First, my field is
vector, not scalar, so I guessed I should interpolate two functions instead
of one, one for each composite of my field. However, I'm still afraid my
data is too sparse to give reliable result with this method. I'll check it
out.

Thank you
Krzysztof Nosek