Re: installing packages from SourceForge

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: installing packages from SourceForge
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 19:20:23 -0500

On Nov 9, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Robert Fong-tom wrote:

I am using a Mac with OS X and I tried to install the Image package
from SourceForge, but ran into problems. While the Octave scripts
(ie .m files) loaded, there is a folder (src) in the package
containing .cc files which did not load. Can anyone enlighten me on
how to install the C++ files? In addition there is a dependency on
ImageMagick. Does anyone know if there is a version for OS X out there?
Bob

ImageMagick is available from the DarwinPorts package manager as well as the Fink package manager.

        http://ImageMagick.darwinports.com/

        http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/imagemagick

ImageMagick is also available below for MacOSX in binary form.

        http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#macosx

However, my understanding is that GraphicsMagick is needed by Octave for imread/imwrite ... I'm trusting the Octave-FAQ which was patched in September to indicate such. This may depend upon which Octave version you are running. If so, I trust someone will correct me.

GraphicsMagick is also available from DarwinPorts, but not from Fink.

        http://GraphicsMagick.darwinports.com/

If you'd like to try building GraphicsMagick form source ...

        http://www.graphicsmagick.org/download.html

Ben