Re: Speeding up "lookfor"?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Speeding up "lookfor"?
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 21:29:40 +0100

With the current implementation, no. However, a changeset has been
posted to the maintainers list, that reimplements the help system
(including 'lookfor') as m-files. This implementation supports caches
for 'lookfor' which provides a substantial speedup (~1 sec to search all
functions on my old laptop). If you want to help out here,  then it
would be nice if you would test it, as I think it has only been tested
on my machine.

Søren