Re: Octave for Mac OSX

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave for Mac OSX
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 09:13:40 -0500

On Nov 2, 2008, at 12:40 AM, Rob Mahurin wrote:

On Nov 1, 2008, at 6:31 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
Rob,

The contributers each follow their passions. There are many instances where I find the approach of others not quite to my liking. My solution (as is "Octave proper") is to do something about it myself. I agree it would be nice if Octave's documentation were a bit better. We are fortunate that some new contributers have begun taking on this task. However, there is still more work than can be easily handled by them. If there is some specific you don't think is getting the attention it deserves, please contribute. All Mac users (including myself) would surely appreciate you effort!

Hi Ben,

If I had write access to the wiki, I would add a paragraph like

The scripts used to build the octave-forge Octave.app can be found in <a href="http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/admin/MacOSX/ ">the sourceforge subversion repository</a>.

to the section "Source-Compilation" of the page
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForMac

Cheers,
Rob

I didn't get the external html reference quite right, but it is there now. To obtain I password I emailed the octave-forge developers email list as Søren recommended, and obtained the password a few hours later.

Hopefully someone can instruct me on the proper way of specifying exteral links to the Octave Wiki. I did try the html approach you provided, but it did not work. Next I tried the method documented by Wikipedia which is the one I saved.

Ben