help needed

From: al al
Subject: help needed
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 21:15:59 +0000

Hello,

I'm a research student and one part of my research is to use an open source
tool such as octave to detect attacks on off line
files as Intrusion detection system....We have agreed to use Neural networking
for this problem...
Since I have no experiences in data mining and octave.... I have the following
questions :)

1) Does octave is capable of doing this job ? i.e using neural networking to
detect the off line attacks on a system ?
2) Is there any neural network/octave packets that can be installed on ubuntu
hardy from the apt-get ? any docs are welcomed..
3) Is there any on line documents that show you how to use this tool with
examples ( preferably neural network examples ) ?

I would like to thank any replies or any suggestions..

regards
Al

Discover Bird's Eye View now with Multimap from Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354026/direct/01/