Re: accents in a plot

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: accents in a plot
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:18:02 -0400

On Oct 28, 2008, at 9:29 AM, youtwistedmymelonman wrote:

Hi,

How could I use special characters (like accents) in a plot?
When I use an accent in xlabel, for example, I get some weird characters or
garbage instead of the accent I was trying to type.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there any workaround to this?
In Octave 2.1.73 I was using
__gnuplot_set__ encoding iso_8859_15
as a workaround and it worked pretty well. But now this __whatever__
commands seem to be deprecated...

I'm using Octave 3.02 and my system default encoding is UTF8.

Best regards.

Manuel.

Hi Manuel,

Octave's developers are presently working toward compatibility with Matlab. As a result, the manner of adding accents used in 2.1.x will no longer work. At some point in Octave's future LaTeX/TeX syntax may be used to add accents.

Ben