Re: Problem with Lsode..help

From: Bryan Wilcox
Subject: Re: Problem with Lsode..help
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:28:01 -0500

Can you attach the script?

Thanks,

Bryan

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 1:21 PM, genehacker <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

     I am using lsode to solve differential equations. I encounted a weird
problem, which didn't make sense to me. The problem is that after opening
octave environment, if I tried to run the script file containing the ode
solver, it gives me the following error message

--------------
error: lsode: inconsistent sizes for state and derivative vectors
error: caught execution error in library function

then,i changed a term in the equation and ran the file, now it runs. BUT,
the weird thing is if I change the term back to original and run the script
again, it RUNS fine. why does it run now? I do have some global variables,
but I have a [clear all] command at the top of the file, to start things
right from scratch everytime i run. I dont understand what is going on, Am i
changing something with the environment here? Please help

btw the equation is     xdot = @(x,t) [ ( (x8(t,x(2)) * x4) - x5(x(1)) *
x(1));
                                                     (x6(x(1)) * pre_OB -
x7(x(1)) * x(2));
                                                     (x7(x(1)) * x(2) -
chr(4) * x(3)) ];
The term i changed is (x8(t,x(2)) * x4).

Please Let me know if anyone wants to see the whole piece of code. thanks in
advance

cheers
k3