Re: The future of my involvement with the Octave project

From: Bryan Wilcox
Subject: Re: The future of my involvement with the Octave project
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 14:50:03 -0500

I agree with Geoff's words. From my reading on the Octave site and in the documentation it seems that there is already a way to contribute financially directly to the project through the UW, but my impression was that there were some strings attached. Is this true? Is this the preferred way to contribute?

From a web-user standpoint, it would be preferable if there was an access point directly through the Octave main page. It's easier to put money in the pot if the pot is in the open with the lid already off. Also, a brain storm, if monetary contributors were recognized it might even trigger a few more donors. (I'm thinking something in the same vein as PBS or patron-of-the-arts circles; names at tiered contribution levels. Of course, this is only if the donor wishes to be recognized.)

-Bryan Wilcox