Re:Re: how to call sundials in octave under ubuntu?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re:Re: how to call sundials in octave under ubuntu?
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:28:59 -0400

On 25-Oct-2008, joyce wrote:

|     thank you very much, David, for your kindly reply.
|     I am using linux now rather than windows. Mexfile is used to call
| sundials under windows according to my opinion, therefore, in ubuntu
| (linux) octave is a update package of itself so as I only need to install
sundials and call it directly in octave rather than call it through a mex
interface like in MATLAB under windows.
|    My english is not good, I'm not sure weather I have explain my question
| clearly.
|   Does anybody help me?

You still need to compile the mex file to use it.  It should work ot
use the install_STB.m file that comes with SundialsTB to do that,
provided you have the proper tools installed on your system (compiler,
etc.).

I know of one bug that could cause trouble.  See:

  http://www.nabble.com/mxCreateLogicalScalar-to17760931.html#a17761233

for more info.  This problem should be fixed in the current stable
release, 3.0.3.

jwe