Re: The future of my involvement with the Octave project

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth
Subject: Re: The future of my involvement with the Octave project
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 19:49:03 -0400

On Oct 7, 2008, at 12:51, Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:
2/ the better matlab help function that uses more intuitive html
linked pages that are better searchable. I think that to change octave
help in a better indexed help system could be done, even if I do not
have the capabilities to do it, with some javascript help system. I
have read that gimp 2.6 help has just been reworked to use webkit and
that this is a "progress".

The Help system for DrScheme has also been reworked recently and it has generated quite a bit of excitement. The web pages very dynamic and the layout of help pages is improved and flexible. The PLT folks even came up with a new language (scribl - for scribbling) that manage all the linking and indexing in an intelligent way.