Re: Gnuplot doesn't work with octave 3.0 on UBUNTU

From: thomas vanderbruggen
Subject: Re: Gnuplot doesn't work with octave 3.0 on UBUNTU
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:02:08 +0200 (CEST)

Le Mar 21 octobre 2008 19:43, Thomas Weber a écrit :
> Am Dienstag, den 21.10.2008, 19:26 +0200 schrieb thomas vanderbruggen:
>
>> Le Mar 21 octobre 2008 19:02, Thomas Weber a écrit :
>> Actually, I didn't run ./configure I've just used the bug_report
>> command in octave to generate the configuration that's probably the
>> reason why I didn't find REGEX.
>
> That explains, yes.
>

>> In fact, I installed octave directly from binary package in synaptic,
>> so I do not have the sources. I found a install.sh in
>> /usr/local/opt/binaries/octave-3.0.2, that's all...
>>

> Please take
> http://www.llbbl.com/data/RPG-motivational/images/cluebat.jpg
> and use it on the person who created that package.

I agree, if it doesn't solve my problem, it will at least make me feel better.

> /usr/local is the domain of the local administrator. *NO DEB* should
> ever be installed there.

In fact if I look in /usr/lib I find libraries for Octave 3.0.0 but not for 3.0.2 but it's probably the same ones...

>> And I didn't touch anything in configuration, this is as it was
>> initialy installed, in particular I didn't disable readline.
>
> You have an essentially stripped version of Octave, missing libraries
> for fourier transforms, blas and whatever else.
>
> What's in your /etc/apt/sources.list?
> Octave 3.0.2 isn't in Ubuntu Hardy, so you've got it from somewhere
> else.

I have everything downloadable from the internet :
- Canonical softwares
- community open source softwares
- drivers
- ...
I have no idea where this package comes from, do you have a way to find it ?
Maybe there's some other packages to download, I will have a look.