issue with boxplot

From: Paul Hussein
Subject: issue with boxplot
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:35:12 +0200

Ciao,

I am trying to move some matlab code I have from matlab to octave
3.0.1 with SVN octave-forge packages.

I have come across one issue which is with boxplot. I cannot use the
same call to matlab boxplot with octave. From the man pages of matlab
and octave there seem to be big differences. Are these functiona
supposed to be equivalent ??

matlab boxplot :
boxplot(rand(100,2),'notch','off','symbol','.','orientation','vertical','whisker',0)

octave boxplot :
octave:7> boxplot(rand(100,2),0,'.',1,0)

For me they are very different.

Also when I issue a command in octave, I get these strange warnings as below :

octave:20> boxplot(rand(100,2),0,'.',0,0)
ans =

   0.0016772   0.0268028
   0.2504287   0.2202362
   0.5020460   0.4738722
   0.7824988   0.7435342
   0.9984424   0.9857818
   0.4185110   0.3917144
   0.5855810   0.5560300

         line 4951: undefined variable: in

         line 4951: undefined variable: in

         line 4951: undefined variable: in

         line 4951: undefined variable: lw

Any help/advice in what the best strategy to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul.