Re: Color and legend for stem() and stairs()

From: Christoph Dalitz
Subject: Re: Color and legend for stem() and stairs()
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:29:15 +0200

Hallo,

eventually I have figured out that the culprit is the stem() function.
Whenever stem() is called, subsequent calls to legend() no longer work
properly.

Shall I file a bug report? (If yes: where can bugs be submitted?)

As a workaround, I have noticed that legends given subsequently to
plot() commands (with the ";...;" argument) actually are not messed up.

So the following works:

    stem(x,y);
    legend("y(x)");
    [xs,zs] = stairs(x,z);
    plot(xs,zs,";z(x);");   # legends drawn with the plot are not messed up

But not:

    stem(x,y);
    [xs,zs] = stairs(x,z);
    legend("y(x)","z(x)");  # previous call to stem makes all legends identical

Christoph