Re: Empty matrices

From: LUK ShunTim
Subject: Re: Empty matrices
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:53:21 +0800

Francesco Potorti` wrote:
> Before answering ShunTim's request, I'd say that much of the confusion
> is generated from the fact that a boolean value is displayed as "0" or
> "1" rather that "true" or "false":
>
> octave> false
> ans = 0
>
> This is very unfortunate in my opinion.  Would it be possible for Octave
> to show boolean values as true and false rather than 0 and 1?

Yes, at least it's reminder. However, I think the syntax is around for a
long time and it's not easy to change. For example, the following works
as "expected".

octave:1> if (1 == true), disp("True"), endif;
True
octave:2> if (0 == true), disp("True"), endif;
octave:3>

Thanks all for the very useful explanation.
ST