Re: axis font sizes

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: axis font sizes
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:50:36 -0400

On Oct 19, 2008, at 8:08 PM, Francis Poulin wrote:

I recently figured out how to change the font of the x,y labels and
the title using something like

set (0, 'defaulttextfontname', '/Library/Fonts/Arial');

where I have a file called Arial.ttf in the above mentioned directory.

When I export the figure as a png those fonts look great but the axis
fonts still look awful.  Is there a similar command that will change
the axis font and size?

Also, while were at it, where can someone find a list  of figure
properties that someone can alter with set?

What version of Octave are you running?

Recently, a patch was added to the developers sources which allows the axes font to respect the axes font properties.

Depending upon the version you are running it may be possible to either apply the patch directly, or to modify it to work with yours.

The change was to __axis_label__.m

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/5bf8a57f85d5/scripts/plot/__axis_label__.m

Ben