Re: Installing ARPACK on a Mac

From: Mark McClure
Subject: Re: Installing ARPACK on a Mac
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:36:48 -0700 (PDT)

boazilan wrote:

> Does anyone know how to install ARPACK on an Mac?

I spent quite some time working on this nearly a year ago
and finally worked through it with the help of this forum.
That discussion is archived here:
http://www.nabble.com/eigs-and-Octave.app-tt13693875.html

In particular, Thomas Treichl's first response detailed how
to get eigs working with Octave.app.  I just went through
the process again on my brand new MacPro and it worked
great.

Strangely, the Readme file that comes with Octave.app
states that the ARPACK package cannot be installed for
use with Octave.app.  This is false, as it works fine for me.

Mark McClure