Re: Old versions of Octave not available

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: Old versions of Octave not available
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 15:29:04 +0200

>> Does someone know where can I request old versions of Octave for
>> Windows? It seems that all versions before 3.0.0 have been removed
>> from forge.

>I turned them to "hidden" state. Why do you need to
>access those old versions?

One of the beauties of free software is that people have low barriers to
accessing old versions for whatever reason they need them.  Unless there
are disk space problems, I suggest that they be put in a directory named
"obsolete" or "deprecated", and that robots.txt be set up so to avoid
search engines to give the direct link to download them directly.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040