Re: Include Fortran Code which Returns Arrays of Dynamic/Unknown Size

From: Marco2008
Subject: Re: Include Fortran Code which Returns Arrays of Dynamic/Unknown Size
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:14:07 -0700 (PDT)

Jaroslav Hajek-2 wrote:

> Maybe you could describe more closely the problem you are trying to solve?

I am trying to write a function that transforms a Spline from pp-form
(Representation with polynomial coefficients) into B-Form (B-Form:
Representation of Spline with B-Splines). It is not important what happens
there exactly but I will try to explain what has brought me to this thread.

One input data of this transform function is a strict monotonically
increasing sequence (real array) of values, A1. The function takes among
other things A1 and one results in a monotone increasing sequence, A2, that
consists of the same values but these values can exits more than one time
(So A2 is larger than A1).
To get the size of A2 you have to compute A2, it is not possible to predict
it exactly.
So if I use the approach with two calls of the function, in each call A2
will be computed and that is what I want to avoid.

Marco