Re: Failure to compile Octave 3.0.2 on AIX 5.3

From: Alisdair Tullo
Subject: Re: Failure to compile Octave 3.0.2 on AIX 5.3
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 15:00:27 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, John W. Eaton wrote:
Please try the following additional patch.

Thanks again for your help. Octave now builds here, though it requires an additional flag (-Wl,-bbigtoc) in order to link as the TOC for the final link is huge.

Unfortunately I can't get Octave to produce any output. Running the octave binary (either as-is for an interactive session, or with a 'hello world' program) doesn't produce any output at all, or return to the prompt. It seems to be using the CPU but I have no idea what it's doing.

I'll attempt to run it through a debugger and see what it's up to, and report back.

Cheers,

Alisdair