Re: Failure to compile Octave 3.0.2 on AIX 5.3

From: Alisdair Tullo
Subject: Re: Failure to compile Octave 3.0.2 on AIX 5.3
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:13:30 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008, John W. Eaton wrote:
If people want Octave to work on less common systems, then it would
help if the people who use those systems would participate in
development, at least to the extent of building from the development
sources frequently enough to catch build problems when they are
introduced rather than once every few years or so.

Hmm, that gives me an idea -- if I can find a historical version which builds, I can try a binary search to see where it started failing. Thanks. If anything useful comes out of this I'll report back to this list for the record.

I agree with your sentiment about less common systems. If we get Octave in use at our site, I will argue for an autobuild running off the development sources.

Cheers,

Alisdair