strange behaviour of figure("visible"...)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: strange behaviour of figure("visible"...)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:33:03 -0400

On 25-Sep-2008, Francesco Potorti` wrote:

| octave> close all                     # forget all the past
| octave> plot(1:2)                     # a plot window pops up
| octave> close all                     # the window is closed
| octave> figure("visible","off")               # I do not want any window

This creates a new figure (not visible).  So at this point, the
current figure is 1 (you can check with gcf).

| octave> plot(1:2)                     # no windows pops up, good
| octave> figure("visible","on"); close # I want windows again

This second figure command creates a new figure window, which you
immediately close.  At this point, gcf will again return 1.

| octave> plot(1:2)                     # still no window!  why?

At this point, you're plotting in figure 1, which is not visible.

jwe