fonts in Windows - GDFONTPATH and plot labels

From: Willem Atsma
Subject: fonts in Windows - GDFONTPATH and plot labels
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:17:29 -0400

I found a message in the archive related to this issue and I got
it to work for me, so here it is. This is on windows xp and version
3.0.1.

To get fonts configured so that labels and titles are properly shown
when using "print" to save a figure, add the following to your
".octaverc" file:

  putenv("GDFONTPATH", "C:\\WINDOWS\\Fonts");
  set (0, "defaulttextfontname", "arial");

The first sets the font path to the windows font path (this is the path
on XP).
The second changes the default font from helvetica (which is not on my
system) to arial.