Fwd: Gaussian fit of a peak

From: Andrea Cimatoribus
Subject: Fwd: Gaussian fit of a peak
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:01:37 +0200

Here is what Octave says:

octave-3.0.0:3> pkg install miscellaneous-1.0.7.tar.gz
configure: WARNING: no mkoctfile found on path
./configure: line 2792: conftest.cc: command not found
configure: error: Could not run
error: the configure script returned the following error: checking for
gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for mkoctfile... no
error: called from `pkg:configure_make' in file
/usr/share/octave/3.0.0/m/pkg/pkg.m near line 1045, column 2
octave-3.0.0:3>

If Ubuntu 8.10 will offer the miscellaneous toolbox as a package,
maybe I will just wait for it...
AC