Re: strange regexp behavior

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: strange regexp behavior
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 22:34:23 +0200

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:34:55AM +0200, David Bateman wrote:
> Thomas Weber wrote:
>> I'm currently discussing this with PCRE developers on their list,
>> http://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20080915.202357.7f71f452.en.html
>>
>> I already learned that this innocent looking pattern is a bad citizen :)
>>
> Ok, tell us what happens with this thread.

Patch attached; I've included a user-visible warning, because Phil Hazel
(pcre's author) suggested that a regexp triggering such a problem should
be rephrased.

Maybe calling OCTAVE_QUIT in the added while-loop would be sensible as
well.

Patch is against 3.0.2, I had trouble compiling current tip.

        Thomas