Re: Scilab is now GPL v2 compatible - as the site claims

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Scilab is now GPL v2 compatible - as the site claims
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 00:47:45 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sun, 9/21/08, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]

> I got the impression YOU were indeed interested.

[snip]

Well, at the moment more NO than YES.

Somebody in this thread expressed interest in Scilab Java-based plotting
system; I pointed to frep2tf because it may be of interest too.

When I was interested in frep2tf, I looked into it and even modified it
to some extent. And using it I did the necessary calculations in Scilab.

At the moment I have no need in the calculations requiring frep2tf.

My point was a "heads up" message for those who may be interested in
direct filter synthesis using 'octave'.

Regards,
  Sergei.