Reading data from CSV files

From: babelproofreader
Subject: Reading data from CSV files
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 06:20:02 -0700 (PDT)

I have tried to used the dlmread function to read a comma separated file of
stock/commodity prices consisting of date (of the form 21/01/2008), open,
high, low and close prices in columns. The prices are being read OK but the
date column is being read as a number (e.g. 21.000000). Is there any way I
can make the dlmread function read the date column as a date, or
alternatively is there anyway I can replace the number with the correct date
after the dlmread function has run?