Re: Added 3D graphics card - do I need to recompile Octave?

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Added 3D graphics card - do I need to recompile Octave?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:19:58 -0400

Labitt, Bruce wrote:
> I recently added a graphics card to my RHEL5.2 linux box.  Do I need to
> recompile octave and or gnuplot to take advantage of this?  Or does the
> current implementation not even use the hardware accelerator in a
> graphics card?
Hi Bruce,

I don't think that anything will need to be recompiled to make use of
your new graphics card.  I would guess (though this is only a guess)
that you would want to make sure that X-windows is using the correct
server to take advantage of the graphics card and that everything else
should fall into place.

Have a good day,

Bill