Re: Displaying an animation / "movie"

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: Displaying an animation / "movie"
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 12:23:08 +0200

More than two years ago, Stefan wrote:

>I've written wrappings around ffmpeg, that allows you to create AVI
>files from a sequence of images. You can find the code at
>http://mentat.za.net.

The code is still there, but the API of the ffmpeg libraries has
apparently changed int he meantime, so even after fixing configure's
problems, I get compilation errors.

Can anyone suggest a simple way to make animations?

My problem is that I have about 30 plots representing how a parameter
affects my results, and would like to move through them using a cursor
or something like this.  I am thinking about writing wrappers around
Octave's print function and around an external call to ffmpeg, but if
someone has better ideas or a working implementation...

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040