Re: cellfunc vs cell2mat speed?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: cellfunc vs cell2mat speed?
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 21:15:53 +0200

Levente Torok wrote:
Hi All,

I am just wondering why is it so difficult to convert a cell array to matrix?

I used cellfunc on  cell array of 59000 cells which took 7 seconds
but the conversion to a matrix of size
443320 , 7
took about 1080 seconds on my machine.

The cell2mat on the same data took appx 150 times more time.
I am just shocked. Should I replace the original cell2mat with a C routine?

Lev

Short example please. The above is not much use as a bug report.

D.