Windows install

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Windows install
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 12:52:05 -0400

On  9-Sep-2008, Thomas L. Scofield wrote:

| getting the binary from Octave-forge instead of the cygwin version,
| grabbing the unstable installer), as my instructions to them were to

Why are you pointing them to the unstable version?  There were a
number of bugs in 3.1.50 (symbol table things, sub functions not
resolved properly, function handles not resolved properly, assignin
not working properly, etc.).  I strongly recommend using the stable
3.0.x version unless you consider yourself an Octave developer, or you
are just experimenting with the new version to see if it works for
you.

jwe