Re: use of #!/usr/bin/env octave with optargs ?

From: soren
Subject: Re: use of #!/usr/bin/env octave with optargs ?
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 13:04:30 +0200

Quoting Eric Chassande-Mottin <address@hidden>:
I'd like to run a script with the following shebang line
#!/usr/bin/env octave -q

but I get an error
/usr/bin/env: octave -q: No such file or directory

an old thread says there are no solution
http://www.nabble.com/octave-shebang-td394305.html#a394305

just wondering if this is still the case.

I don't think a solution has been presented, and apparently it isn't trivial to produce one (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang_(Unix)#Portability). Perhaps octave should ship a simple program 'octave-q' that acts just like 'octave' when called with the '-q' argument?

Søren