ANOVA with mean and SD?

From: Wolfgang Schechinger
Subject: ANOVA with mean and SD?
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:27:06 +0200

Dear experts,

I need to analyze 2500 parameters in 3 groups by ANOVA, means I want to detect
which parameters vary between the groups.

For every group I have a table with

number of data points (may vary from group to group)
mean
standard deviation.

(3x3 columns, 2500 rows)

As I understand the anova(y,g) function, one needs to supply the raw data and
there should be the same number of data points per colum at least for each
parameter.

Is there a way to adapt the function to my data set, or is there another
function one could use?

What can I do when my data does not follow a normal distribution?

Many thanks for your help!

Wolfgang