Re: Bug? In Octave 3.0.X for Mac OS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Bug? In Octave 3.0.X for Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 15:24:12 -0400

On Sep 1, 2008, at 3:01 PM, Glenn Eychaner wrote:

Please, never mind.  Here's the really lame offending line:

On Sep 1, 2008, at 2:35 PM, Glenn Eychaner wrote:

        [ min, midx ] = min(abs(adates - pdates(n)));

I'm an idiot, aren't I?  (Though I have to say that Octave sure tries
its best to handle overriding a built-in function with a variable name
really, really badly.)

You did find the problem. Switch "min" to "minx" and your function will be fine.

If you weren't using "min" as both a variable *and* a function it would have worked.

I noticed the answer your example gives the correct answer in spite of the syntax problem.

Kudos to jwe, I suppose ;-)

Ben