Re: Axes font sizes

From: dbateman
Subject: Re: Axes font sizes
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 14:46:54 -0700 (PDT)

Ben Abbott wrote:

> See "help colorbar"
>
> In matlab, the colorbar is an independent axis object, and the colors
> may be labeled with numbers or text.
>
> I've not used colorbar in octave, so I have no idea how close it is to
> Matlab's variant.

The octave colorbar is just a gnuplot colorbox and so is not a separate axis
object as in matlab. This means that in Octave there is one and only one
colorbar per axis object. Thus subplots can each have a colorbar. I don't
really consider this a limitation and would probably suggest keeping it this
way unless for some reason the new graphics backend need to do it
differently. As for ticks and labels on the colorbar they are just not
implemented yet.

D.